GENESEE MEMBERSHIP FEES, PAYMENTS and INCENTIVES
Members are the YMCA. Children, adults and families make up the YMCA's membership base and are the foundation of all that the YMCA does. Membership to the GLOW YMCA carries with it a comprehensive use of YMCA facilities, discounted program fees and access to special services. To follow are the categories and fees for YMCA Membership.
||Capital Improvement Fee
||Monthly Bankdraft Deduction
||0-12 Years of Age (*Annual Fee Option Only)
||13-17 Years of Age
18-24 Years or Full-Time College Student, must submit proof of full-time status from college Record Office.
||25 Years & Up
|Single Parent Family
Single Parent with Dependents through age 18 and full time college students through age of 23
||Couple with Dependents through age 18 and full-time college students through age 23
||62 Years & Up
||Couple 62 Years & Up
Membership Payment Options
1. Annual Membership dues can be paid by cash, check, Visa/Mastercard or by YMCA Gift Certificate.
2. Bankdraft Membership start-up payment can be paid by cash, check, Visa/Mastercard or by YMCA Gift Certificate. Monthly deductions are withdrawn automatically from a predesignated checking account, credit card, savings account or debit card. Deductions can be withdrawn on the 1st or 15th of each month. Contractually, this automatic deduction will continue until a 30-day written notice (termination form) is presented to the Service Desk. A 30-day written notice is also required for any membership or account change.
3. The YMCA will consider pro-rated refunds for programs and membership. Requests must be submitted in writing. Refunds will not be given for disciplinary action.
4. A lapse in membership of 30 days or more requires repayment of the Capital Improvement Fee (joiner's fee).
The YMCA has numberous collaborative relationships with local employers and HMOs in an effort to save members money and make the YMCA accessible to all. If your employer may be interested in theh YMCA's Corporate Membership Program please let us know. The YMCA's current HMO Partners include:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Preferred Care
- Secure Horizons
- Univera Solutions
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Independent Health
- Preferred Care Gold
- Univera Healthcare
Call the YMCA to learn more about the Y's HMO partners and how you might save money by participating.
ADDED VALUE BENEFITS
1. All YMCA Family and Single Parent Family Members receive an annual credit of $50 to be used to register a child listed on their membership for a week of summer residence camp at Camp Hough.
2. All YMCA Family and Single Parent Family Members receive an annual credit of $25 to be used to register a child for a week of summer day camp at either branch YMCA.
3. All YMCA Family and Single Parent Family Members receive an annual single session credit of $25.00 to be used to register a child for a single session of swim lessons at the Genesee County branch.
4. All YMCA Adult and Senior Members receive a single credit of $25 to be used to register themselves for any YMCA adult program or service at either branch YMCA.
**Value Added credits are issued to members on a calendar yearly basis; all monetary credits and session credits are non-transferable. It is the responsibility of the member to inquire about these added member benefits at time of registration.
At the YMCA, no one is denied services because of an inability to pay.
Please ask about the YMCA’s Scholarship Assistance Program